- Fully featured Data Room for sharing information in an M&A Process
- Checklist covering all key areas to ensure that everything is in order; customised to fit your business
- Glossary and guidance explaining complicated areas – access to specialist advisors
- Automatically populate information from publicly filed documents
- Private environment away from company servers allowing owners to prepare privately and in your own time
- Visualisation illustrating progress towards the eventual aim of realising value
The core Value-Vault process
We started out on this journey as we realised a few very critical points:
- most M&A transactions either fail to complete at the deal stage (see reasons why corporate transactions fail to complete) or fail to add the value that was initially hoped for
- most business owners would like to think they have a valuable business that could be sold at some point; most of these same business owners have undertaken very few corporate transactions
- most acquirers and investors have greater experience and are therefore in a position to dominate negotiations
- the expert advisors available to help are very varying in quality and all are expensive
Value-vault provides a step by step confidential guide to preparing a business for sale or fund-raising. The process is designed to be personal, away from corporate systems (whilst still managing to reference core corporate data), and free (unlike the many consultants working in this field). The core process addresses the key requirements of legal, financial and commercial due diligence alongside our value-creation module.
Learning area, glossary, real world issues
Generally businesses owners and entrepreneurs are experts in their business not mergers, acquisitions and fund-raising transactions. Nobody likes asking consultants questions – go ahead and do your own research.
Virtual Data Room
At a point we need to share information with other parties – either your own advisors or potential targets. Our VDR is free, unlimited in both time and volume and offers critical features such as user profiles (read-only, print-only, full access), activity reports, and templates. More importantly the VDR can be automatically populated from earlier work in the Value vault.
Whilst we like to tease advisors, all transactions require professional advisors to be successful. You will find that much of the content has been contributed by experts keen to show their knowledge and possibly win some clients in the future. We therefore offer a window onto many types of advisor, their experience, and offer access to their expertise across the site.